The California Community College Athletics Association (CCCAA) has made the decision to suspend the remainder of all spring sports competitions, effective immediately and until further notice. This decision is in response to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 pandemic
"The health and welfare of our student athletes and campus community are at the forefront of this decision," said Athletic Director Sandi Taylor. "We are saddened for what this means for our sophomore student athletes and the heartbreak they are experiencing of not being able to play. We know the CCCAA will be working in conjunction with the NCAA and NAIA to navigate eligibility issues going forward"
As this is a rapidly evolving situation, Bakersfield College Athletics will remain responsive to any new guidance received from the college, the CCCAA and government officials. Any updates to the season will be posted to our main athletics social media accounts (Facebook: Bakersfield College Athletics, Twitter: @GoGadesGo, Instagram: @gogadesgo).
March 16, 2020 Information:
Bakersfield College Campus Information
Click this link to visit the Bakersfield College COVID-19 page: https://www.bakersfieldcollege.edu/covid19
Student Athlete Registration:
She can clear pre-req's, Math/English holds and access Ed plans, etc. Students will be able to reach her via Zoom (FaceTime), Google Voice number (text), and email.
Registration is April 2nd at 8am for student athletes. Directions to register for classes:
Register at InsideBC
- Log in to InsideBC using your BC email and password.
- On the top black toolbar at the top, select MyBanWeb
- Select Registration Status from the drop down menu to review your registration day and time.
- Return to the MyBanWeb dropdown menu to select Add or Drop Classes.
- Select the term
- On this page, you can review courses you have registered for and add or drop courses.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Class Search.
- Select the course subject and click Class Search.
- Find the specific course you need and click View Sections.
- From here, find the section you need, select its check box on the left, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Register.
- You will return to the Add or Drop Courses page. If your course is between the blue buttons, review the Status column to ensure you have successfully registered. If your course is not between the blue buttons, scroll down to the Registration Add Errors section. Review the error type and the link View Explanation of Registration Add Errors for additional information.
- When you are finished registering, click Submit Changes.
- Finally, click Complete Registration to review your Schedule/Bill.
- You can always return to your Class Schedule by clicking on MyBanWeb and then Class Schedule.
- You can always return to your Schedule/Bill by clicking on MyBanWeb, then Class Schedule, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Schedule/Bill
Student Athlete Financial Aid:
Student Athletes with questions regarding thier financial aid status can reach out to Vanessa Hernandez, Athletics Finacial Aid Technician: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Student Wifi:
The following providers will provide free internet services to students:
- Comcast 1-855-846-8376. Comcast customers will be sent a self-install kit that includes a cable modem with a Wi-Fi router.
- Charter 1-844-488-8395
- Spectrum 1-844-488-8398