SACRAMENTO, Calif. - The California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) Board of Directors voted unanimously on Thursday that the remainder of the 2020 spring sports season will be canceled, the spring season of competition for approximately 9,500 student-athletes will be restored and face-to-face recruiting and recruiting-related travel is being prohibited immediately but will be re-evaluated next month.
The CCCAA, which oversees and governs athletics for 109 member institutions, postponed the spring seasons last week due to concerns over COVID-19 with hopes of possibly returning to competition. However, with campuses throughout the state closed and most classes taking place online, and with the uncertainty about when conditions will improve, the Board of Directors voted to cancel the spring sports seasons.
Additionally, nontraditional seasons and practices outside of regularly scheduled classes are canceled through June 30, 2020.
The Board of Directors subsequently voted that nearly 9,500 student-athletes who competed this spring will have their season of competition restored, provided they had not quit or been cut from their teams prior to the seasons being postponed by the CCCAA on March 12. The restoration only applies to the student-athletes' status within the CCCAA. The NCAA, NAIA and other collegiate governing bodies are currently addressing similar issues and the CCCAA will continue to work with them to help student-athletes who wish to eventually transfer.
In light of the state and federal guidelines related to COVID-19, the CCCAA has also instituted a temporary ban on face-to-face recruiting - and any travel related to recruiting - until April 15 at which time the CCCAA will review and decide whether to continue the ban or not. It's similar to recruiting restrictions put in place by other collegiate governing bodies.
"College athletics are facing unprecedented circumstances and we are doing our best to address the concerns that have come about as a result," said Jennifer Cardone, CCCAA Interim Executive Director. "Undoubtedly, it's a challenging time but student-athletes are at the center of our focus as well as what's in the best interest of our institutions."
The CCCAA canceled its men's and women's basketball championships at West Hills College-Lemoore last week and later canceled its 2020 CCCAA Convention in Ontario. The association will continue to disseminate pertinent information as it becomes available.
Bakersfield College Campus COVID-19 Information
Click this link to visit the Bakersfield College COVID-19 page: https://www.bakersfieldcollege.edu/covid19
Student Athlete Registration:
She can clear pre-req's, Math/English holds and access Ed plans, etc. Students will be able to reach her via Zoom (FaceTime), Google Voice number (text), and email.
Registration is April 2nd at 8am for student athletes. Directions to register for classes:
Register at InsideBC
- Log in to InsideBC using your BC email and password.
- On the top black toolbar at the top, select MyBanWeb
- Select Registration Status from the drop down menu to review your registration day and time.
- Return to the MyBanWeb dropdown menu to select Add or Drop Classes.
- Select the term
- On this page, you can review courses you have registered for and add or drop courses.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Class Search.
- Select the course subject and click Class Search.
- Find the specific course you need and click View Sections.
- From here, find the section you need, select its check box on the left, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Register.
- You will return to the Add or Drop Courses page. If your course is between the blue buttons, review the Status column to ensure you have successfully registered. If your course is not between the blue buttons, scroll down to the Registration Add Errors section. Review the error type and the link View Explanation of Registration Add Errors for additional information.
- When you are finished registering, click Submit Changes.
- Finally, click Complete Registration to review your Schedule/Bill.
- You can always return to your Class Schedule by clicking on MyBanWeb and then Class Schedule.
- You can always return to your Schedule/Bill by clicking on MyBanWeb, then Class Schedule, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Schedule/Bill
Student Athlete Financial Aid:
Student Athletes with questions regarding thier financial aid status can reach out to Vanessa Hernandez, Athletics Finacial Aid Technician: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Student Wifi:
The following providers will provide free internet services to students:
- Comcast 1-855-846-8376. Comcast customers will be sent a self-install kit that includes a cable modem with a Wi-Fi router.
- Charter 1-844-488-8395
- Spectrum 1-844-488-8398