WE ARE BC!
We appreciate your interest in Bakersfield College Athletics. BC provides a complete support system to see you reach your academic and athletic goals. Our provisions include full athletic academic advising, full athletic financial aid advising, student success advising, student life, and academic support services, which include (supplemental instruction, math lab, writing center, tutoring center and study hall.)
BC has a history of state and conference championships with 20 women and men sports that compete at the highest level in CCCAA. We house some of the best facilities in the state and home to the historic Bakersfield Memorial Stadium, Gil Bishop Sports Arena, and the Dean and Adah Gay Diamond Sports Complex. The near future will see major changes and upgrades to our already outstanding facilities.
CALIFORNIA PROMISE GRANT
The California College Promise Grant (CCPG), formerly called the Board of Governor's Fee Waiver (BOGW), is a state funded program available for eligible California residents and eligible AB540 students attending California community colleges.
The California College Promise Grant waives the $46 per unit enrollment fees.
As a member of the CCCAA Bakersfield College is not allowed to give athletic scholarships, as detailed by CCCAA ByLaw 2.11. Financial Aid is available for students who qualify. (BC ID 001118)
Financial Aid has a Virtual Lobby! Visit us using the Zoom link below to speak with financial aid staff about BankMobile Disbursements, Verification, Chromebooks and any other financial aid questions you have.
· Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
· FinFriday: 8 a.m.-11:45 a.m.
Virtual Lobby Link: http://tiny.cc/falobby
Located in the Student Service Center on the second floor of the CSS building
· Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
· Friday: 8 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
BECOMING A RENEGADE
Please contact Pearl Urena
Academic Advisor 661-395-4259
Bakersfield College is a community that embraces diversity, both in the individual who lives, learns, and works here, and in the experiences that enrich life in the classroom and in the co-curricular environments. The campus provides services and student life programs designed to meet a broad range of student needs and concerns.
Student Housing Services helps and supports BC students in a magnitude of ways. Some students may prefer to live with families, rent a room, apartment, or a house. Whatever the option a student chooses, the goal of Student Housing Services is to place any interested BC student in contact with some potential living possibilities.
Please contact Darrell Ballard
Program Manager 661-395-4996
COST AND TUITION
Enrollment fees are set by the state at $46 per unit. If these fees are changed by the state, students will be notified of the additional amount owed via their college email address.
- Bills are not mailed to students. They are available under the Schedule/Bill item in BanWeb.
- Prior to (10) days before the last day of open registration, students may be dropped for non-payment of enrollment and non-resident tuition fees ten (10) days after date they registered for the particular course(s)
- After the first day of the term students will not be dropped for non-payment of enrollment fees or non-residence tuition. However, these students will have holds placed on their transcripts, grades, and released diploma until the fees are paid.